Friday, January 24, 2014

New Year's Resolution or Just Continuing a Healthy Lifestyle; We All Need Some Motivation :D





I put all these pictures on a rotating screensaver to watch while I work out : )

I made a deal with my husband that he works while I focus on working out every day and getting stronger; that's my job. So lately I've felt that pressure to hold up my end, and it just stresses me out and makes me feel rebellious. So when I remember that I'm doing this for many other good reasons, but firstly for ME, I actually want to.



With my fibro, pain is a very real part of my workouts. I can't push myself the same way others can. The quotes of "No pain, no gain" and "Pain is just weakness leaving your body" don't help me. I just have to remember: I must push myself at my pace. I must do this and work through it and I WILL FEEL BETTER. 






It gets easier, and you actually start to crave it = Truth

 




 
Makes You Stronger



When you feel weak, it brings fear. Things feel out of control.
When you have worked hard to make yourself feel stronger,
you know you can handle chanllenges
and don't have to be afraid.




 

 





I love this since I can jog a little bit now for the first time in 15 years! Once you've been in
a wheelchair this is something you never take for granted : )

No comments:

Post a Comment