Monday, May 7, 2012

Surprisingly Awesome Fast Food at 3 a.m.


So I've been too ill to cook anything and we ran out of food, lol. I had some soup left but needed something more substantial - like meat from animals. My husband had some pizza left over, but it scares me a little to think how much fat is in that. I had my bite of it to satisfy myself so I didn't eat the whole box, which worked. There also wasn't a lot of meat on that so we decided to try Taco Bell and get some cheap soft tacos. The chicken ones are only 180 calories and hit the spot. But they were closed : P     

The husband decided to go across the street to the 24 hour McDonald's and get a cheap double cheeseburger. The salads are $5, and smoothies are $3 with a lot of yogurt or sugar in them I bet. So I went out on a limb and got the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this was honestly awesome. I have instant oatmeal pretty often and they managed to get the one consistency I like. It was the perfect temperature. The fruit bits literally looked and tasted as fresh as they are in that picture - swear to God. This is surprising since this is how their burgers and fries are there (jump straight to 3:56). I've never liked fruit in my yogurt or oatmeal, but I have to say they won me over! I never thought I'd like chopped green apple in maple oatmeal but wow. I was even full before I finished the cup. And it's on the under 300 calories menu. I can't believe the quality of this on a 3 a.m. trip, or that it's not on the breakfast menu so I can get it whenever. 

So yay for happy discoveries in the adventures of not putting poison into my body. That link explains that the food below is 2 years old and looks the same (not spoiled or moldy) as the day they bought it...

No comments:

Post a Comment