Thursday, December 15, 2011

Survive Dinner With Your Mother, Your Date Friday, And Crazy Work Hours!

So remember that in my research I found you should try to keep your meals to 300 calories (if you're trying to lose weight), and eat 3 small meals and 2 snacks throughout the day. Now that I'm controlling my portions, I've recently had the opportunity to eat out more than usual, and I found definite awesome and nom. 


So thanks to a holiday gift card my husband and I went out. We found an option for me that was delicious! This was great because it's a real treat for us to get out of the house and to a restaurant. It makes a date special for me, so this is a good way to deal with that.


Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp
Under 550 Calories Menu
Lasted me 3 meals.


The women in my family are making this a new tradition since we found out about it! Which is good - because visiting in my family has happened at a restaurant my whole life - and I can't resist Alfredo at Olive Garden. This way I choose all my own fresh ingredients - whatever I want, so lots of veggies I actually like, and a little meat or seafood if I want. I pick a Teriyaki sauce and everything is grilled up (which is awesome by the way). 


So I get to pick my exact portion and everything that goes in it. Picking veggies I like makes me want more of them, and I'm starting to try new things (like zucchini for the first time in my life). 


My favorite combo reminds me of Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
Went here to find my meal has about 400 Calories - or less with my small portion.

Downside: It's all-you-can-eat so you can't take a box home. This makes you want to get the most for your money so it's harder to keep the portion small, but I did it and was totally satisfied with only one trip. If you're ok with $8 for one meal go for it.

Upside: Since it's all-you-can-eat it makes it a great place to suggest to eat with people so your husband can have 3 servings and more meat than "rabbit food" if he wants, you don't look crazy for having something small and healthy and physically hiding the breadsticks, and if you don't even look at the dessert menu there's not much temptation.


My husband and I met at a Denny's, so since I work night shift this is the only place open to go out at 2am, and we like the atmosphere. Good news is they serve this anytime!


Veggie Crepe (I add ham), Fruit, Multi-Grain Pancakes
Heart Smart Menu, 300-350 Calories (I leave leway for a little butter and syrup)
Lasted me 3 Meals.

*Note: Went out on a limb with the pancakes and they are freaking delicious!!
This is just a little restaurant in Colorado Springs, and I couldn't even find a website for them, but I am a forever fan. I figure most greek food has this on the menu and it's probably the same at most of these places ingredient-wise. At least on this continent, lol. I want to try to make this fresh to have less sodium and more control over the meat's fat content and make-up. 


Lamb Gyro with pita, meat, tomato, lettuce, tzatziki sauce.
I went here to find this is 536 calories and like 30 grams of fat.
This lasts me 3 meals.

*I get the sauce on the side to add myself. I avoid the feta cheese, even though it's a pretty healthy cheese. You can avoid the pita if you want, though a pita is a good nutritional bread versus plain white bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment